The Westbrook Trust
The Westbrook Trust is made up of a community of schools that aim to ‘achieve together’. The Trust embraces the chance to collaborate with like-minded schools and academies because we all benefit and learn from the opportunities this brings.
The Westbrook Trust aims to achieve together by focusing on progress, performance, pedagogy, prospects and partnership. What this means in real terms is that everyone in The Westbrook Trust must try as hard as they can … to be the best that they can …in the best way that they can …to get where they want to be … with the help of and helping others.
The Trust believes that the teaching of reading and writing is central to all that it does. This is why we use Read, Write Inc.’ strategies and materials as the cornerstone that guides our work. We apply the RWI 5 P’s which should be evident in every lesson in school and they are: passion, participation, positivity, pace and purpose.
The Westbrook Trust News
- A recent news article celebrated the pupil outcomes at Key Stage 2 at Byron Primary. The school was ranked 9th out of all schools in Medway for combined progress in reading, writing and maths.
- Trust schools and our associates embarked on our first year of cross-school Action Research. The outcomes were shared by staff and celebrated in July 2018. The evening was a great example of staff and schools 'achieving together'.
- 94% of Year 1 children passed the Phonics Screening in June 2018. This is the third consecutive year that this result was over 90%. Congratulations to all involved.
- Byron became a sponsored academy in January 2016 as part of the Westbrook Trust. Prior to conversion the school was placed into Special Measures. It received its first inspection as an academy in September 2018.
- In the last eighteen months, the Trust has secured grants in excess of £600,000 both for capital projects to improve school buildings and for school development work.
The Westbrook Trust is a successful Trust and proud of its reputation for working with and supporting other schools in order to improve pupil outcomes. Our success is due to our strong moral purpose and passion for 'achievement for all pupils'. We believe in building effective partnerships with a range of stakeholders to achieve this. Sharing and collaborating is an essential part of this Trust’s ethos. The Westbrook Trust has close links with The Medway Teaching Schools Alliance and staff play a key role in developing school-to-school support and training programmes with the Teaching School.
Thank you for taking the time to read the information on the website. Please follow the links to the individual academies and other information about The Westbrook Trust.
The Westbrook Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, achieving equal opportunities and combating discrimination.