The Westbrook Trust
Recruitment of Trustees to The Westbrook Trust Board
The Westbrook Trust is made up of a community of schools that aim to ‘achieve together’ the best possible outcomes for all to improve their futures.
By 'achieving together' our aims are that:
- are all extremely well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- are healthy, resilient, confident and independent. They are global citizens.
- are actively engaged in pupils’ learning.
- have high aspirations for our pupils, our schools and themselves.
Our staff and governors:
- are effectively supported and developed to ensure that all pupils benefit from a great education.
- are consulted, considered, and valued to achieve their career aspirations.
The key behaviours and values we strive to demonstrate to meet our aims are to be: Clear, Humble, Effective, Enabling and Responsive.
We are looking to recruit Trustees who have the skills and character to make a valuable contribution to our children’s education, opportunities and futures. The overarching role of a Trustee is to realise the ethos and objectives of the Trust, protect its assets, reputation and staff and use resources appropriately. As a Trustee you will:
- use your own experience of education and life beyond school to inform conversations
- develop and utilise your skills in a board-level environment
- make a valuable contribution to education and our community
- support and challenge the Trust so that it improves for pupils and staff
- bring your unique experiences, perspectives and insights in to decision-making in the interests of the Westbrook Trust community
- be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and achieving equal opportunities and combating discrimination.
To complement and further broaden the skills, knowledge and attributes of our current Board, we would be particularly keen to recruit Trustees who share our values and have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge and or experience of the communities served by schools in the trust.
- Experience of financial planning, monitoring, decision making, compliance and control within the school sector.
- General experience of human resource (HR) policy and processes.
- Understand the principles of risk management and how to prioritise, assess and mitigate against risks.
- Experience of marketing, media and PR.
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee and believe you have the required skills and character or would like to find out more about the role, please contact Mrs. England at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01634 852981. To be considered for recruitment in January, expressions of interest must be received no later than the 17/12/12.
The recruitment process will include the successful completion of an NGA skills audit and a formal interview with our Members. The Westbrook Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, achieving equal opportunities and combating discrimination. All Trustee appointments will be subject to suitable DBS checks and satisfactory references.