The Westbrook Trust
Recruitment of Trustees to The Westbrook Trust Board
The Westbrook Trust is made up of a community of schools that aim to ‘achieve together’ the best possible outcomes for all to improve their futures.
By 'achieving together' our aims are that:
- are all extremely well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- are healthy, resilient, confident and independent. They are global citizens.
- are actively engaged in pupils’ learning.
- have high aspirations for our pupils, our schools and themselves.
Our staff and governors:
- are effectively supported and developed to ensure that all pupils benefit from a great education.
- are consulted, considered, and valued to achieve their career aspirations.
The key behaviours and values we strive to demonstrate to meet our aims are to be: Clear, Humble, Effective, Enabling and Responsive.
We are looking to recruit Trustees who have the skills and character to make a valuable contribution to our children’s education, opportunities and futures. The overarching role of a Trustee is to realise the ethos and objectives of the Trust, protect its assets, reputation and staff and use resources appropriately. As a Trustee you will be able to:
- use your own experience of education and life beyond school to inform conversations
- develop and utilise your skills in a board-level environment
- make a valuable contribution to education and our community
- support and challenge the Trust so that it improves for pupils and staff
- bring your unique experiences, perspectives and insights in to decision-making in the interests of the Westbrook Trust community
To complement and further broaden the skills, knowledge and attributes of our current Board, we would be particularly keen to recruit Trustees who share our values and have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge and or experience of the communities served by schools in the trust
- Experience of financial planning, monitoring, decision making, compliance and control within the school sector
- Knowledge and or experience of the legal profession
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee and believe you have the required skills and character or would like to find out more about the role, please contact Steph England at email@example.com or on 01634 852981.
The recruitment process will include the successful completion of an NGA skills audit and a formal interview with our Members. The Westbrook Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, achieving equal opportunities and combating discrimination. All Trustee appointments will be subject to suitable DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Brompton-Westbrook Primary School
Kings Bastion, Brompton, Gillingham, Kent. ME7 5DQ
Nursery Officer D1 – Salary: £20,258- £21,968 (pay award pending) per annum pro rata 32 hours per week, term time only
Start Date: asap
Brompton Westbrook Primary School is a popular and successful school and is part of The Westbrook Trust. We are a large 3-11 Primary School set in a semi-rural location, less than five minutes from the Medway tunnel.
Due to the success of our new 30 hours offer, the governors would like to appoint a Nursery Officer on a 1 year fixed term contract in the first instance.
The successful candidate will have:
- at least a level 3 qualification in childcare (eg NVQ III) or other comparable qualification
- A current valid First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Understanding of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice, with particular reference to services for children and families
- Awareness of child protection issues and procedures
- An empathy with young children
- A passion for creativity and curiosity in the Early Years
We can offer:
- an experienced and motivated team
- a highly supportive leadership team
- a well-resourced and spacious working environment
- additional staff development opportunities
- wonderful children, who are eager to learn
- a school community committed to raising progress and attainment
Informal visits are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or to request an application form please contact Tracy Ivory on 01634 844152.
Please submit application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and achieving equal opportunities and combating discrimination. Any offer of employment will be subject to suitable DBS checks and satisfactory references